Wednesday, February 13, 2008

TVC15

Jeez.
I'm obsessed with Pawn America commercials.
You know the ones with the weird bearish guy whose head pops up when the session singers reach the zenith of
"PAWN AH-MER-IH-CA!" in the theme song?
It's so good.
The new Valentine's Day commercial has his head centered in a heart outline while he rattles off their deals on jewelry.
"I heart Heart Day!" He says.

Twice.

It's surreal. Minneapolis has such a strange and charming array of local advertisements. I love the low-budget homemade ones you see for World of Wireless with the non-actors explaining their phone woes. Everything is so cute and really reflects the friendly and welcoming attitude that I associate with Minneapolis.

My alltime favorites, by far, are the commercials for Erik's Bike Shop.



The music is ridiculous. I want to eat it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

THIS IS MY FAVORITE:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=JOh661-zDZo

justin_mckinley said...

he pedals good bikes...

its true, i do!